Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tallinn Town




As I look back on the visit to Tallinn, I remember some major points and some historic events, some of which we will mention in upcoming posts. But among the most important impressions the city made on me was that of a homey, wonderful place to live as well as to visit. Much of the Old City was bustling with tourists, of course, and most of the Estonians I met were there because of us tourists, but the feeling of comfortable homeyness was palpable.
The narrow lanes with the brightly painted buildings, the smiling people, the modern us of the old wall (I loved the bike parked in the centuries-old nook) all gave a feeling of peace and prosperity.
More of Tallinn in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.