Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Church on Spilled Blood




In looking over the plans for our tour, the highlight of the afternoon was a famous Church which I thought was the "Church OF Spilled Blood," as I knew it was a memorial built on the site of the assassination of a Czar. But I realized later that the name was the "Church ON Spilled Blood," making that memorial all the more powerful. The exact spot of the bloodshed is marked inside the ornately beautiful cathedral.
While the colorful exterior is a dream for a photographer, the interiors are also available, in this case for the smaller $3 fee. Here we see the main dome from the inside as well as the outside view. More interior views in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.