Sunday, August 30, 2009

Russian Weddings




Both Friday and Saturday, we encountered several wedding parties at the Imperial Palaces, all looking for great wedding party photographs. It turns out that young Russians will marry almost any day of the week in July and August, just to give them the best chance to have great weather.
After seeing several groups, I noticed this couple walking away from Catherine's Palace toward the gardens. How often does a couple have a photo with their photographer? As they turned to head for the backdrop they were planning to use, the light hit them so perfectly I had to take a couple more. Never having shot a wedding, I felt pretty happy with the result.
Lunch followed, then a bus trip to the Hermitage, one of the great art museums of the world. Look in on the next post to see some images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.