Sunday, August 23, 2009

Peterhof





We had been warned aboard ship that in Russia, photography is permitted in many more locations than some cities, but that a permit would be required. Either a $3 or a $6 fee -- payable in American dollars -- would earn the right to take photos including flash in most locations. For no discernible reason, this was not true at Peterhof. The awesome fountains and beautiful gardens were photographable at no charge; no photos were allowed indoors.

So I looked and saw and did not photograph. The feeling was to be repeated on the next day, when photography was allowed, so I will reserve my feelings until then. Meanwhile, we will look at the wonderful fountains of Peterhof, with one example seen here, and more to come in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.