Sunday, August 2, 2009

Back on the Bus




After the quick visit to Mona Lisa, it was time for a slow bus ride through the rush hour traffic of north Paris. Back over the Seine and through the shopping district, intent on coming back to the City of Lights and spending lots more time there. After another smooth Eurostar ride to London, it was nice to see our classic hotel, the Jolly St. Ermin's, bathed in warm light.
Two Poems:
TOWERS

Eighteen months ago in Las Vegas I visited the top of the faux Eiffel Tower;
A wonderful view of the south Strip, based on a one-half scale of the original.
Looking up at the real thing, I thought it looked more like ten times the size,
Fitted with marvelous views of the Seine and an excellent restaurant, we wined
And dined with a half-dozen new friends, snapping several photographs.
I knew in Vegas that the real thing was a lot better, especially when I realized the
Tour of the Tower I thought I was taking was the Tour Eiffel, not a tour.
Now I know better.


TIME FLIES

Time flies when you are having fun, as the cliché goes, and seeing all of Paris
In one day qualifies as time flying and at supersonic speeds.
Next time, time in Paris will be measured in days not hours and we will find
Another Bordeaux nearly as good as the one we loved up the Tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.