Monday, August 17, 2009

Statues of Stockholm



Much of Europe is dotted with an impressive collection of statuary, but my Nikon's-eye view of Stockholm was exceptionally interested in the statuary. Perhaps because of the varied scale and presentation of the statuary, that remains among my most powerful memories of Sweden.
As seen here, the statuary features traditional statues in parks and large statuary on churches and cathedrals, but it also highlights the smallest metal statue you will ever see in the middle of a shaded square in the Old Town. It is not a trick angle; the little figure is only about six inches high. Although no one in Stockholm could give you the size in inches and I don't know the centimeters!
A visit to the Royal Palace in the next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.