Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Welcome Milton Bradley




Like many Cub fans, I spent the winter on the fence. Milton Bradley had great numbers but also had blowups and injuries. Could he be the addition that would make us winners, or the subtraction that continued our desperation to have a winner? The jury might well still be out, but my impression after two games in Arizona is clear: the man is here to be a winner.


In the two games he had five hits, two of them home runs. But anyone can have two good games. He beat out an infield hit, hustled hard on a force play, made a nice catch in right field. He showed me a winner and a potential offensive force.


Before a night game at Scottsdale Stadium, the Giants' ballpark, only one Cub went to the rail and signed autographs. One. And Milton Bradley stayed there for more than fifteen minutes, making many young fans happy. And giving me a chance to get a nice photo of the signing. A tip of the hat to Milton Bradley, and welcome to Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.