Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Blue Heron


A recent post showed a current photo of an angelic snowy egret about to light in a local retention pond. The description talked about a couple of years ago when our own koi pond was stalked by a blue heron and as I read over it, I realized it sounded very much as if I thought the heron had a distinctively sneaky personality.
If it sounded that way, I am pleased that I captured the feeling I had at the time. This critter stood on a berm overlooking the koi and had a look that suggested attendance at a rich buffet, filled with fresh food. Here we see the beady eye checking out the seafood.
Glad I was able to chase him often enough to protect our current school of nine koi. As long as the egret stays down on the corner, he is on my good list. This fellow is always on my bad list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.