Friday, April 3, 2009

Giant Cacti With Wound or Bird




I was really struck with many of the giant cacti that I saw with gaping wounds, deep sores that seem to show the deepest fibers of the plant. To see a 15' tall plant with this gaping hole still looking alive and strong shows the tough and tenacious nature of the plant. Some of the scarred cacti are some of my favorite cactus photos.
The other image was a pleasant surprise for me. A larger plant, perhaps 20' tall, stood strong in front of a nice home in a Mesa subdivision. When I looked at the photo later, I thought I saw a tiny bird atop the cactus. A little magnification magic and I found there was indeed a bird keeping watch over the house.
Next post will cover the quick sunset on the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.