Friday, April 10, 2009

Arizona Spring Adventure Ends


Night fell, the last game I saw ended early due to terrifically high desert winds, I made my way back to the hotel. It was time to head for Illinois and real life, regular season.
Long ago the concept of the vacation -- leaving a place to go to another place -- was designed to give us all that rest and recharging we need to come back to our normal schedule with vigor and interest. I love to travel, look forward daily to leaving, and I love to come home. Just as much.
I just cannot bring myself to tell the story of the full moon seen here. Just can't. Call it the magic of Arizona and leave it at that.
One final Arizona poem:
LEAVING TEMPE

One sees someone who walks at four in the morning in Tempe ,
Noticing she needs a flashlight to help guide her on the sidewalk and
Her hooded sweatshirt covering her head against the desert chill.
One sees someone, then heads for the airport toward a Chicago snowstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.