Tuesday, April 21, 2009

More Feathered Friends




We have several visiting songbirds of all sorts, many of which pop up in the branches of a Burning Bush right outside our dining room window. This affords me an opportunity to use the house as a gigantic "blind" as I shoot the birds from quite close quarters. Tiny as they are, they are skittish and even if I am completely invisible to them, they never perch for very long. Even the grey-colored birds are beautiful and intricate in their feather display.
Ducks also stop by every spring, often swimming in our koi pond. The first time I saw that from my patio door I had a strange feeling of recognition. Then I remembered that when Tony Soprano started on his journey through analysis and activity, his ducks were in a swimming pool. Mine were in a koi pond. No analysis needed.
Some summery looks at the garden in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.