Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blue Heron Returns






Only one day after my post accepting the angelic egret at the retention pond and rejecting the blue heron in my backyard pond, there he was, but on neutral territory. So I have decided I can accept him there; any fish he finds would be 'fair game.'

I found him standing in the reeds, looking west. My pond is due east of the retention. Of course, when he took off, he headed east for about 50 yards, and I wondered if I should get back into the car or leave it there and run home to chase him before he tried to catch his dinner. Then he turned north and powered his way out of sight. Impressive flight power for a large bird.
So any neutral ground is OK, blue. Just stay out of my yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.