Friday, July 3, 2009

Special Guest Photographer




For the first time since I began this blog, I am pleased to host the work of a special guest photographer. Out for a Saturday evening dinner and a pleasant walk along a marina, I was able to collect several interesting images of boats, buildings, sky, sunset. But none of mine are as wonderful to me as the pair we see here.

At six years old, it is no surprise that my granddaughter Carolyn would be able to snap a photo or two. And since her mother has been a professional photographer, we could assume that some talent is part of her heritage. But I think most six-year olds would find an average Nikon DSLR equipped with a 28-300 mm zoom lens to be pretty heavy to hold and shoot. Not for Carolyn!

The first shot, a shot of her dad with the skyline in the distance, was shot while I stood with her and reminded her how to handle the camera. Once she was able to capture that first image, I went to stand with my son. The result? One of my favorite images of me! With a little bit of levels adjustment to account for the fading light, and a touch of straightening, I think she did an excellent job.

Thanks for being my first guest photographer, Carolyn Beato.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.