Friday, July 24, 2009

Like Meeting a Friend




It was indeed like meeting a friend on the road and far from home. And the fact that we had never seen any of these people had no effect on the feeling.
We were walking toward Parliament and passing Westminster Cathedral on Sunday, July 5, at about 11:00 AM. Long lines were waiting to enter Westminster, and several groups were either headed into or out of the Cathedral. And then I noticed the EF tour guides shepherding their groups toward the tour or taking pictures of happy young people coming out of the building.
I have never been on a trip with EF Educational Tours (yet), but my son, Eric Beato, is EF's Director of Communications in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He also writes and edits Following the Equator, EF's educational travel blog that represents the company quite well. You could check out that blog at http://equator.eftours.com/
And he will be pleased to know how positive an impression the EF groups in London made on me -- and how much they reminded me of home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.