Monday, March 30, 2009

Making a Mark on the Ballfield





One of the all-time Hall-of-Famers in Fergie's group is Harmon Killebrew, who was a Washington Senators third baseman in the late 50s and went to Minnesota when his team became the Minnesota Twins. When he retired, he had the third highest home run total of any right-handed batter, and he was a solid all-star. As a Cub fan, I never saw too much of him but I always respected him. Now that I have met him, I really like him as well. Soft-spoken, friendly, a man with a solid handshake: I was very pleased to have a moment to talk with him, a man who made his mark on baseball.

Shortly after my moments with Harmon Killebrew, I moved into center field (I did spend most of my playing days in center field or left field) and spotted a potential self-portrait. Here you see me making my mark on the Ho Ho Kam Stadium outfield.

Next post will be a look at a minor league practice, which was a surprisingly enjoyable part of my spring training trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.