Monday, June 1, 2009

More Birds in 'Bushes'




Our walk was not quite over but I had a track meet to cover, so I prepared to break off from the group and return to the parking lot. Two more beauties paused in their flights to pose for me and I was of course glad to oblige. The birds were in trees, of course, not 'bushes,' but a little exaggeration among friends should be acceptable.
We had seen a lot of interesting birds, and no doubt I was about to miss out on many more. But I did make a wise choice in the matter. Rather than stay with the group until the very last moment and having to rush to the track meet, I decided to head back a little early in case anything else caught my eye.
Anything else, naturally, was the fact that my route took me back past the banding table and I hoped to see another bird and perhaps learn more about birds and banding and whatever else I could. The birds above, birds in the 'bush,' are balanced at the table by the bird 'in the hand.'
On the next post, we will see that the hope was fulfilled. Lots more to learn as you will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.