Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Big Tall Neighbors




The Sunday I was at Millennium Park was totally sun-kissed. Why I would write that, I have no idea, as the two photos would certainly speak for themselves.
Millennium Park is at the northwest corner of what has long been Grant Park, right at the foot of the Prudential Building. As everyone in Chicago is aware that the Sears Tower and the John Hancock Center are both well over 90 stories, it is a bit surprising to know that fifty years ago, the Prudential Building was the high-rise, with a popular observatory on an upper floor -- the 47th floor, I think; about half as high in the sky as the observatory at the Hancock. Long closed, that would be a neat vantage point to see this wonderful new park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.