Friday, April 9, 2010

Rainy Morning on the Desert



It was tempting to stay away from the ballpark on Friday, as I had to get the car back to the airport by noon to catch a flight. There was plenty of time to go to batting practice, but there was a rain falling. More than a drizzle, less than a shower, but a lot heavier than I prefer to use my camera in.
So I got moving, headed to the ballpark, and wound up with some good photos to end the trip. And I wound up with a poem as well.

MISTY DRIZZLE

Last morning in Mesa, changing plans because of a flight time change,
I step outside to walk to breakfast and see clouds, gray clouds, home clouds,
Not the wispy high-sky summertime clouds I expect above me in Arizona.
In the buffet line, I mention seeing more clouds today than ever out here,
Then plan a few photo stops while enjoying the cereal and banana.
When I walk back to the room, a misty drizzle falls, and I need no reminder
It is time to head home. Just as soon as I get to one more batting practice,
Ignoring the continuing rainfall, watch the sun come out, visit with more fans,
Collect a few dozen more photos, and grab a pair of major league foul balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.