Friday, April 2, 2010

Future Cubs?




One of the highlights of the practices and games at Fitch Park is the up-close view you get of the players who will be the Cubs of the future. Three of them, seen here, are young 3B Josh Vitters (a former first-round draft choice), P Todd Blackford, and the young catcher seen here with the shortest name in Cub history. If you say the two or three times in a row, it will also be the funniest.
Once I watch players up close this way, I tend to look for their names in minor league box scores and I root for them to climb the ladder to Wrigley Field.
Good luck, Josh and Todd; I will be waiting when you get there, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.