Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lee & Soriano



A few action shots of the Cub Game at Camelback Ranch, home of the Los Angeles Dodgers and one other team, generally clad in black, to remain nameless as they were not around. Ryan Dempster was tagged for a long Manny Ramirez HR and took the loss, reminding me a bit too much of the only postseason game I have ever seen in October 2008.

On the drive back to Mesa, I had to negotiate a monstrous traffic jam at a ballpark with only 13,000 fans, then I joined the Phoenix rush hour traffic. No hurry, I just listened to music and headed for dinner. The result was an "on-the-road" poem:

MY OLD FRIEND

Travel driving is a challenge when a ballgame dumps you on a five o’clock road
Leading into a strange expressway loop right downtown where you have never been.
Staying right, keeping it slow, watching for all traffic, listening to the radio.
We entered a tunnel long enough for my GPS to lose signal but the music remained,
Paul and Art saying ‘Hello darkness, my old friend, I’ve come to talk to you again,’
Fortunately the darkness was not that severe and the Toyota survived intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.