Monday, October 12, 2009

Lincoln Statues




Inside the Lincoln Tomb, each visitor walks around the perimeter of the building until reaching the burial site exactly opposite the entrance. After seeing the site, one continues out the other side. And in several places along the way, people stop to see replicas of various Lincoln statues from other locations. One had personal interest for me, as I know the original by Saint-Gaudens. It is outside the Chicago History Museum in, of course, Lincoln Park.
This year I have seen the two most famous replicas of the statue in Lincoln Park. One, shown here, is from the marble hallway leading to the resting place. The other is obviously outdoors, where the President stands, just north of Westminster Abbey, looking across at Parliament. In London.
Longtime followers might recognize the London picture, as it was posted here earlier, on July 24, as I began my series of Europe photos. Another replica statue in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.