Monday, October 19, 2009

Danada Fall Festival




Dan and Ada Rice have and had names as well known in DuPage County as most people, especially since their deaths have turned their Wheaton home into a Forest Preserve District feature. Their names are on public buildings, college facilities, and a major exhibition are at the Art Institute of Chicago. The couples moniker, Danada, is widespread in use in DuPage County. For several years, I have planned to see what their former home was all about. Last week, I did.

Planning to take the grandchildren to see the horses, I was forced to change plans when both Gianna and Joey had fevers and sniffles. But since the Fall Festival is only one day, I decided to check it out for future plans. The 2010 event is already on my calendar!
These two photos are a peek at some of the wonderful seasonal decorations at Danada, provided as a sort of introductory tease. The next post will get into the stars of the show: the horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.