Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Horses Everywhere at Danada



Horses everywhere. It was a wonderful afternoon, seeing show horses and draft horses and riding horses and cart horses. The grace and beauty of these animals, many large but other small or amazingly small, is clear. At an event such as the Danada Fall Festival, so much action of so many kinds is jam packed into an afternoon that the scope becomes truly awesome.
And one of the horses dominating the afternoon from me was not there physically but in spirit and in bronze-plaque-marker. Lucky Debonair, winner of the 1965 Kentucky Derby, was trained at Danada and owned by Ada Rice. I worked at a school about four miles from there from 1969 until 2007 and I never knew that until my visit to the Festival. Reminds me again of how young I can be as long as I still seek out new things and new information and new ideas.
More images from the festival in the next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.