Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Flock Welcome to Finland







Stepping onto the balcony of our stateroom in Helsinki Harbor, I noticed a flock of seagulls. This is not uncommon in cruising, and the gulls often mass in huge flocks obviously looking for food. This flock was fed by several people out on the balconies and they came much closer to the ship than most do.
Grab the Nikon and start shooting! Truly, if Richard Bach is considering writing a sequel to the photo-studded JONATHAN LIVINGSTON SEAGULL, he could negotiate with me. I think I have enough photos to support another novel, and some of them are among my favorite bird photos ever.
My backlog of Europe photos was so huge I just gravitated to double posts most days in August. Now that September is here I plan to get back to the single post most days. Tomorrow we head into Helsinki.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.