Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Revolutionary War Encampment




Before the time of the skirmish, I spent more than two hours traipsing through the on-site encampment, complete with families, artisans, soldiers . . . and a rummage sale. Here we see a musician playing instruments of the time period and we see the officer in charge of the loyalist troops as he saluted the squadrons reporting for duty.
Had I decided to become a new recruit, I would not have wondered where to find appropriate clothing and equipment, as several of the campers had contributed items to a rummage sale of items that could be used by a re-enactor, either in battle or out of battle. Having a friend to point out things and discuss the events of the morning made it easy and accessible for me, but truly, no one needs a guide to enjoy the encampment at least as much as the battle. Just locate the encampment on Cantigny's website, show up, open your eyes and ears and you will learn lots. And you will have a great time!
More camp shots in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.