Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sibelius & the Sky




We looked at the traditional viewpoint for the Sibelius monument in the previous post, but I think the reason I remember the monument so powerfully is that it is inviting and open to exploration. As I climbed up and through the pedestal, I saw the bright blue sky and some wispy Sunday clouds as the background. Some monuments are nice enough to look at but this one wants to show off the sky, the openness, and the beauty of the area.
Tell me another composer who has a monument so active and so alive; if you can do so, I will put that city on my travel list!
Next post visits a Lutheran Church in a special location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.