Sunday, August 22, 2010

President Kennedy


I entered Barrington High School in fall, 1960. Shortly after the school year began. Sen. John F. Kennedy of Massachusetts stopped and gave a short talk on the front steps of the high school. I estimate I stood ten feet away from him. I thought President Eisenhower was an old old man who needed to pass the baton to a new generation. And so he did, in a highlight of my freshman year.
Count ahead and you will realize that the term of President Kennedy followed my four years at Barrington, and during his run for re-election I was a senior. The day he was assassinated in Dallas is etched deeply into my memory; for that matter the entire weekend is. To visit Arlington National Cemetery is, to me, a visit to the grave of a highly inspirational President. Rest in peace, JFK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.