Monday, August 30, 2010

Into the Night



I brought a fast enough lens that I was able to continue shooting into the evening at Andre Dawson's celebrity softball game. Here we see Bear Steve McMichael ripping a single to left, followed by Dawson's second double of the game, right down the left field line.
Followers of this photoblog will recall that I attended two of Fergie Jenkins' charity baseball games in Arizona the past two springs. Comparing the two events, I prefer seeing the old-timers play with a baseball when possible. The softball feeling is such that it just takes the players an additional long step away from their days at Wrigley Field in the past. The catcher, above, is Gary Carter and he looks lost standing to wait for the pitch to bounce.
Or maybe it was just the pajama bottoms they wore instead of baseball pants.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.