Thursday, February 12, 2009

Winterscapes







It was great fun for me to return to Alaska over several weeks to post photos and relive the great trip. Now, to head in another direction, my first thought was an earlier trip -- Manhattan? The Caribbean? Las Vegas? And certainly we will return to travel. But I wanted to move in a different direction for a while.


Landscape photography is a staple for all ages. Black-and-white, full color, film or digital, the photo that captures a place and records it for the future is a wonderful pastime or profession. As it is wintry February in Chicago, I thought I would post a few winterscapes to see if they remind viewers of places they have seen.


The black-and-white was taken in 1976 on color slide film and more recently digitized and reworked into the appropriate b&w. It was a small woods near my first house. The color image is actually from my yard on one of those icy days.


The next post will look at another pair of winterscapes. It might include a poem or two as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.