Monday, February 16, 2009

Winter Continues




Years ago, my grandmother loved to visit Morton Arboretum. While it looked like a big park of some kind, I was more interested in parks with climbing structures and swings. Now I appreciate the beauty of the Outdoor Museum of Woody Plants, located only a mile from the high school I taught at for nearly four decades. Wonderful landscapes are in view at every time of the year there.
During the week after Christmas, I drove down to the Arboretum, built by the Morton family, so famous for salt. Arriving just before that blue hour, the time of the power of the sunset, I saw many trees, roads, snowy hillsides, walkers -- and one buck who seemed as interested in me as I was in him. Since I shot with a 300 mm telephoto lens, I was not close enough to scare him off. He was close enough to fascinate me.
Looking back through my winterscapes, it is clear that winter has its beauty as much as any other season. Good lesson to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.