Monday, January 10, 2011

Eagles on the Fox

A story in Friday's DAILY HERALD sent me out to Elgin on Saturday, along with several dozen others carrying cameras or binoculars, set to see the winter's visiting eagles. A bit of research indicated that the winter eating is best along rivers and near dams where the fish are easier to spot and grab. Alas, the only eagles I saw on the frozen afternoon were a pair soaring high in the blue sky, north of us and not close enough for good detail shots.
A good shoot, though, for the trees and other wildlife, which we will see in the next post. And, hopefully, we will see closeups of eagles on upcoming posts . . . . I am headed back out to Elgin this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.