Monday, February 8, 2010

Walk Through the Woods



The cart was loaded, the reins were tugged, and the horses began the trek back along the path they had followed, the same one I had walked to the waterline. I had the images of the harvesting, cutting, chipping and loading and I wanted to head toward the Ice House to see the unloading and storage.
As I headed off the ice, Chris Gingrich of the DuPage County Forest Preserve suggested I could take a shortcut, avoiding the path of the horses and heading straight toward the homestead. Since I had boots on, how could I resist. The result was a set of excellent images of the house, the creek, the trees and the beauty of winter.
We reach the Ice House in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.