Friday, February 5, 2010

Harvesters Waiting



At the time I arrived at the Kline Creek Ice Harvest, three or four people who were there to run the event were waiting rather quietly for folks to arrive. Only the one man braving the elements with summery shorts was present and ready to walk out on the ice and work. I was there, but my electronics -- the Nikon -- would prohibit any chance of contact with ice or snow, so I was not harvesting.
Within five minutes, though, a line of people had formed, waiting for a turn on the ice. Obviously, since the entire working area had been checkerboard scored, there was a limit on how many people would be on the ice at any time.
Sliding the blocks onto the horse cart will be seen in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.