Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kline Creek Farm



Cloudy, gray, unattractive. Rainy. And cold. The weather on Saturday a week ago had pretty much talked me out of heading to Kline Creek Farm for a photo visit during the Ice Harvesting Season. But when I went to the mailbox, it felt passable outdoors, the rain was slackening, and I decided to give it a try. An excellent idea as it turned out.
A reasonable hike through snow gave me a view of the 1890s farm house, and I picked up a lucky picture of a horse shoe print on the way. In the next post we will see the historical concept of harvesting natural ice in the winter to save for use during the spring and summer. Careful on the ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.