Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Great Museum



When I was young, I always liked going places, and living in Chicago gave my family several museums to visit. I liked them all, but I recall some of them being very static, where quiet people walked down quiet aisles reading and looking at dusty display cases. One was different: the Musuem of Science and Industry had buttons to push, telephones to listen to, things to do. Fun things to do that promoted learning.
That institution is as good as ever, but this weekend we took two of our grandchildren to the DuPage Children's Museum in Naperville. Suffice it to say that an hour after our arrival, I went back to the desk to exchange my one-day admission for a full year's membership which includes all four grandchildren. A bargain, loaded with fun and lots of learning. Some images from the museum in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.