Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Rick Beato Photo Opens


It is the coldest January week in over a dozen years in Chicago, I am enjoying the Chicago Blackhawks lead Buffalo, checking in occasionally on Law & Order, and stepping into something new. So here is the first post on Rick Beato Photo.

No commitment to daily posting and no limitation on how fresh the work is. Just a spot that will post pictures I have taken and that I like. Some straight from the camera, others after some work in Photoshop. Offered for anyone who comes by with hopes that he or she enjoys it.

Short background: At 62, a retired high school English/Journalism teacher with 38 years service in a suburban Chicago high school. Among my positions was varsity coach in a half-dozen sports as well as adviser to school newspapers, yearbooks and literary magazines. Since the 2007 retirement from that first career, I have been a successful freelance photographer, specializing in yearbook photography for several schools. The 18 months since my 40-year hobby became a second profession have been a wonderful opportunity to meet people, to read and study, and to learn.

Now I intend to begin this blog, planning a post a week. Or more. Does this one count?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.