Thursday, March 1, 2012

Minor League Hockey




Earlier in the season, I had thought of getting Blackhawks tickets and decided not to take out a mortgage on the pricey seats. The Chicago Wolves offered decent seats for $19 and some weeks ago I posted some fine pics of the Wolves, a Vancouver Canucks farm club, and the Rockford Icehogs, the Hawks top farm team.

And then I looked into the league that supplies players to the Wolves and Icehogs. Playing at the excellent Sears Centre, the Chicago Express is a Columbus Blue Jackets farm club. They hosted the Florida Everblades and we sat on the glass. As a photographer, the glass is the place to be.

Here we see nice close in shots of the two goaltenders. More to come in following posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.