Monday, March 26, 2012

Lineup Changes



I still keep a scorecard for every game and have them all filed, beginning with the 1959 season. As such, I tend to love the spring training lineup changes where future big leaguers get an inning or two to make an appearance and try to turn some heads. Today these two Cubs are assigned to Iowa and Tennessee, but before this year is over, Jackson should be in CF. If all goes right, a year later Szczur will join him. For those two to join Anthony Rizzo and Starlin Castro in the regular lineup would be the most powerful homegrown Cub lineup in my lifetime. And remember, I have 53 years worth of scorecards in that collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.