Monday, October 18, 2010

Fox Hunt


For two years we have driven through the picturesque tiny town of Wayne on the way to and from Church in St. Charles. Several times we have seen portions of the Wayne-DuPage Fox Hunt, and I tried several times to find out where and when I could see (and photograph) a hunt. My visit to the Dunham Woods Horse Show gave the chance to get some information, which I used early in October to attend the big hunt of the year.
In the next several posts we will look at some images of the tradition and pageantry of the hunt. By the way, most hunts do not involve a live fox anymore. Rather, they are called "drag hunts," with a small contingent of hunt organizers marking the trail by placing the scent to be followed by the hounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.