Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Stretch, Baby, Stretch




The flamingos all walked into the nearby pond after their performance, and here we see two of them in some artistic experiments.
One is a deep richly-colored cartoon drawing effect, which I think shows the reflection in the ripples.
The other is a creative crop of the image in the previous post. In my imagination, I asked a flamingo to stretch tall for me as I snapped it. On the laptop, that image was 12x8 and we needed a print 16x6 to fit an interesting frame. The reality is that I managed to stretch the image into a crop that worked for the print.
Ultimately the flamingo stretched its neck all the way into our living room. I am sure he will be happy there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.