Saturday, June 19, 2010

Baseball Basics

I love shooting baseball, of course, having been a fan since 1956. Baseball and softball are among the best jobs I get during the spring season covering high school athletics and activities. But summer brings a different level for me to shoot . . . the players are much shorter. A recent series of jobs included a team of 7-8 year olds and a team of 9-10 year olds.
The action is great, the dads coaching the teams are very supportive, the basic skills are always being taught. As a photographer I will be able to get angles and viewpoints that the bigger players would block out. Whether it is the ball bounding over the infielder or the player leaning on the fence, the ballpark is the place to be, camera in hand.
These photo shoots also lead to a project to be featured in the next post, on Father's Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.