Sunday, May 16, 2010

Barrington High School




I was asked if I could pick up a photo shoot -- water polo, of all things -- in a last-minute schedule problem. Sure. But it is at a different school. Which one? Barrington.
Had to take it. I graduated from Barrington, a fine school, in 1964. I had only been back once, when I refereed a basketball game there in the 1980s, and I had been able to walk through some unfamiliar halls. So off I went, and got there more than two hours early. Walked all around the school, much of which was not there in '64. Walked through most of the academic wing as well.
Here we see the front door, in the same basic location but redesigned. Here we see Lincoln, looking the same but in front of the school rather than to the east side. Here we see a Bronco sculpture. You can guess it is far too new to have been here so long ago.
In the next post a peek inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.