Sunday, December 20, 2009

Santa Claus is Coming



My earliest memories of place are of a flat in Chicago in the area that later became University of Illinois Chicago, just west of the Loop. But as I recall any fleeting Christmas memories, I realize they are all in good old black-&-white, so I must be remembering the photos, not the events. I just love the wallpapers and the print carpets.
By the way, during the 50s, many major motion pictures and even more television series were centered on the great genre of the American Western. My Dad, who had seen World War II in person, never loved war movies. He always loved Westerns. My love for Westerns is pretty easy to understand. How do you like my six-guns? Recognize the vest?
By the way, the trains under the trees, just barely visible, were powered by a mighty Lionel Lines 027 guage engine which was present at my very first Christmas just two days before my first birthday. That engine, whose light will light up but whose drive train no longer moves, is a treasured memento in my hobby room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.