Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Gregorian Santa


Several years ago I decided to put some sports collector cards for sale on eBay during the month of November. Hoping to sell the cards for say $50-$100 overall, I was pleasantly surprised to find that one Magic Johnson card in Michigan State uniform and one Walter Payton card had greater value than I though. The total for the sale was over $700. My thought was to buy something that would be memorable and that would become a family heirloom. Since we love Christmas decorations so much, I went looking.
Quite soon, I discovered Fitz & Floyd's Gregorian Santa, saw a sale price at Carson's, and brought him home. Majestic, festive, and classy, he brightened the dining room enough that I went back and added the reindeer and two candle sconces.
Every November we bring out the decorations and are amazed once again at the beauty of this representation. The windfall of the card sale has become permanant in our family.
The next post will take up a different topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.