Thursday, February 3, 2011

Back Yard Snow


The blizzard draped my back yard, as seen from the dinette, under a thick blanket of snow. Somewhere under that blanket is the pond, all nine large koi, and a light that crosses the pond to light my bench angel. The small stripe of lighter color shows the location of the spotlight. To the right of the spot is what looks like a piece of 2" pipe, which is what it is, an air pipe that I call my chimney, providing an emergency access to oxygen for the koi.
The light and the chimney can be seen more clearly in the detail picture, which focuses on the stand of arborvitae to the west of the pond, and on the weeping Norway spruce to the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.