Sunday, December 5, 2010

SUNDAY POSTER


In choosing the poster to share this week, I came upon one that brought a smile to my face as I thought about the passing of Cub hero Ron Santo. I see him at a ballpark in heaven, today . . . a Sunday, just as his first Cub game was on a Sunday. I see him with legs, with spring in his step, without cancer, trotting out to third base. All the greats he will be playing with up there, the true Hall of Fame, and he will certainly be kicking his heels after every win.
And then I see my dear grandfather, Louis Mezner, who has been attending games there since he left us in 1974, seeing the rookie and remembering watching Santo back on earth back in the 60s. Watching with me. Enjoy the games, Grandpa Mezner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.