Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Blue Heron at St. James



Recent posts have depicted a Great Blue Heron in my backyard pond two years ago, along with another heron as well as a Snowy Egret in the retention pond down the street. It was noted then that these birds are magnificent animals in flight and while wading in a public pond, though they are not really welcome in the private koi pool.
The first bird I got a clear shot of at St. James Farm was a heron, in full flight, passing nearly overhead on a bright blue clear-sky morning. Having seen herons standing and in flight, and knowing how the still figure morphs into the flying figure, I still marvel at the sleek and stylish heron in flight. Doesn't look all that much like the wading fish hunter!
Next post will return to St. James Farm for some fences and structures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think. It is exciting to think that some of my photography might be enjoyed by others.